December 19, 2011

Christmas Calendar Door 19 - Christmas Mince Pies


This the very first time, where I have been making my own Christmas Mince Pies in my kitchen.
I recall them back from my time, when I was living in England. And I remember the first times, when I heard and saw the wording "Mince Pie", I thought it referred to pies with minced meat !!!!!, and I did not understand people obsession with these pies during Christmas. However, luckily enough I got the understanding of "Mince Pie".

I have found this recipe in a small folder from Dr. Oetker and you can also find it here: http://www.oetker.dk/oetker_dk/juletærter. I have made no changes at all to the recipe. And they taste GREAT :-)

During Christmas time I found, that you could participate in blog event called "Tea Time Treats", which is hosted by Kate from What Kate baked and Karen from Lavender and lovage. So I decided, I would participate with this recipe on Christmas Mince Pies.




Christmas Minced Pies:

  • 125 g butter
  • 275 g (cake) flour
  • 65 g sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 apple
  • 50 g small dark raisins
  • ½ dl orange juice
  • 25 g butter
  • 100 g brown sugar
  • 50 g almond splits
  • 100 g sucat
  • 100 g orange peel


  1. Make the pie dough from the butter, flour, sugar, vanilla sugar and egg. Let it rest cold for 30 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile make the filling.
  3. Grate the apple roughly. 
  4. Melt the butter in a cooking pot, add orange juice, raisins and brown sugar.
  5. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
  6. Afterwards add almond splits, sucat and orange peel. Remove the cooking pot from the heat
  7. Heat the oven (conventional) to 185'C.
  8. Roll the pie dough to approx 3 mm height, cut it into a circles of 7 cm.
  9. Fill the dough into a large muffin form.
  10. Place 1-2 teaspoon filling.
  11. Bake in oven at 185'C for 20-25 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...