December 29, 2011

DANISH marzipan cake






As it will be my last working tomorrow !!! well my last working day in 2011, I have decided, that I would bake marzipan cake as a New Year treat for my colleagues tomorrow.

My inspiration was to use the red coloured forest fruit marzipan and decorated with white icing sugar, so making marzipan cake in the Danish national colours !!!!

Well the red colour disappear from the  surface of the marzipan cake during the baking process. However, when you take a bite of the marzipan cake you are able to see the Danish national colours again in form of the red coloured forest fruit marzipan and rough white pieces of almonds. Therefore I decided to name this recipe DANISH marzipan cake.

DANISH marzipan cake:  - 20 pieces
  • 400 g marzipan - forest fruit
  • 100 g icing sugar
  • 100 g almond flour
  • 1 egg white
  1. Heat the oven to 220'C (conventional oven).
  2. Slip the almond. And grained them into flour using a mill.
  3. Knead the marzipan, almond flour, icing sugar and egg white together.
  4. Divide the marzipan cake mass into 20 pieces of equal size.
  5. Form the marzipan cake mass into a longer sharp.
  6. Bake the marzipan cake mass at 220'C for 7-8 minutes.
  7. Cool down the marzipan cake.
  8. Decorate the top of the marzipan cake with icing sugar.
  9. Let the icing sugar dry.
  10. Enjoy !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...