December 03, 2011

Christmas Calendar Door 3 - Christmas Liqueur


I have found the recipe on this Christmas Liqueur in the weekly Danish magazine "Femina" from week 44/2011. The main issue is, that it needs to mature for 40 days !!!!!, so if you make it today, it will not be ready for Christmas 2011. However, I had been "cheating" (as they say in the various kitchen TV shows), so I started my Christmas Liqueur mid November, so it will be ready for Christmas this year.

I am giving this Christmas Liqueur a good shake very evening, while I am doing the washing up in my kitchen. And it is with big interest, that I am following the colour change from clear liquid to the brownish colour, which the liqueur is having now.


Christmas Liqueur:

  • 1 orange - organic
  • 1 star anise
  • 20 coffee beans
  • 50 g (cane) sugar
  • 1 vanilla pod 
  • ½ bottle of vodka
  1. Add boiling water to the glass for 5 minutes or simply clean it
  2. Pierce the orange with a fork 10 times
  3. Remove the vanilla corn from the vanilla pod
  4. Add sugar, coffee beans, star anise, vanilla corn and empty vanilla to the glass 
  5. Add the orange
  6. Fill up the glass with the vodka.
  7. Turn the glass up side down each day
  8. Let the Christmas liqueur rest for 40 days
  9. Pour the Christmas liqueur through a sieve into a new clean bottle



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...