I have found the recipe on this Christmas Liqueur in the weekly Danish magazine "Femina" from week 44/2011. The main issue is, that it needs to mature for 40 days !!!!!, so if you make it today, it will not be ready for Christmas 2011. However, I had been "cheating" (as they say in the various kitchen TV shows), so I started my Christmas Liqueur mid November, so it will be ready for Christmas this year.
I am giving this Christmas Liqueur a good shake very evening, while I am doing the washing up in my kitchen. And it is with big interest, that I am following the colour change from clear liquid to the brownish colour, which the liqueur is having now.
- 1 orange - organic
- 1 star anise
- 20 coffee beans
- 50 g (cane) sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- ½ bottle of vodka
- Add boiling water to the glass for 5 minutes or simply clean it
- Pierce the orange with a fork 10 times
- Remove the vanilla corn from the vanilla pod
- Add sugar, coffee beans, star anise, vanilla corn and empty vanilla to the glass
- Add the orange
- Fill up the glass with the vodka.
- Turn the glass up side down each day
- Let the Christmas liqueur rest for 40 days
- Pour the Christmas liqueur through a sieve into a new clean bottle