These burnt Christmas almonds are very easy to make. In total you spend less than 5 minutes on preparation followed by 1-2 hours of resting, before you can enjoy these almonds.
However, please be aware of, that you are exposing your Tupperware Microplus cooker to danger of damage and this damage to your Tupperware plastic thing is NOT covered by the usual Tupperware guarantee !!!!
In 2010 I tried this version of burnt almonds only using cinnamon as the spices. I find the flavour profile to be more intense Christmas-like with the spices combination, which I have "designed" myself.
Burnt Christmas Almonds:
- 200 g almonds
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon all spices
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 2 tablespoons water
- All the ingredients are mixed together in the Tupperware Microplus cooker
- Place the cooker in the microwave oven and cook at 750 watt for 2 minutes
- Take the cooker out and stir around
- Cook a second round at 750 watt for 1 minute and 50 seconds
- Pour the mass out on baking paper
- Save your Tupperware Microplus cooker - place it in cold water AT ONCE in order to avoid damage to it from the boiling sugar
- Mix around in the almond mass
- Place the almonds in glass jars, when the sugar is firm
- Wait for 1-2 hours before eating the almonds.