December 12, 2011

Christmas Calendar Door 12 - Lebkuchen


I think that Lebkuchen is my preferred German Christmas Cake, if I should use between Lebkuchen and Stollen (another favourite of mine). So when I found a bag of Lebkuchen species during a week-end tour to Germany, I decided to try to bake my very own Lebkuchen. And I had so high expectations about doing that, so while I am writing this blog post I am feeling very disappointed !!!! These Lubkuchen will never ever be baked again in my kitchen !!!!!! They are not tasting at all like Lebkuchen !!!!! So please do NOT try this recipe.

I will looking around for some other Lebkuchen recipes to try in my kitchen, as I have not given up of making/baking my own Lebkuchen.


Lebkuchen:
  • 300 g sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 tablespoon vanilla sugar
  • 100 ml rasp seed oil
  • 2 tablespoon honey
  • 1 pack Lebkuchen spices
  • 250 g milk
  • 500-550 g (cake) flour
  • 100 g hazel nuts - minced
  1. Heat the oven (conventional) to 200'C
  2. Add all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
  3. Stir everything together
  4. Place baking oblates (optional) on a baking sheet. Place one big tea spoon cake dough on top of the oblate.
  5. Bake the Lebkuchen dough at 200'C for 15 minutes.
  6. Let the Lebkuchen cool down.
  7. Optional coating the Lebkuchen in chocolate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...