December 11, 2011

Christmas Calendar Door 11 - Cocoa marzipan confect with blackcurrant


It would be nice to have a sponsor ship in December from Odense Marcipan, as I am using quiet some amount of marzipan in the period up to Christmas.

This time I decided to mix cocoa marzipan with the blackcurrants, which I removed recently from my blackcurrant rum. After the removal of the blackcurrant I have stored those in the freezer, as I got the idea of using them in some Christmas confect. I would not recommend to use more than 75 g of rum blackcurrant to 200 g marzipan, as the marzipan would become to wet.

In order not to get some Christmas confect being too sweet, I decided to dark chocolate as coating on the Christmas candy, even though I am not a big fan of dark chocolate. As usual I melt the chocolate using my microwave oven.

Cocoa marzipan confect with blackcurrant:
  • 200 g cocoa marzipan
  • 75 g rum blackcurrant
  • 150 g dark chocolate
  1. Knead the rum blackcurrant into the cocoa marzipan.
  2. Form the marzipan mass into ball shape.
  3. Coated the marzipan balls with melted dark chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...