I am continuing with yet another Christmas confect recipe in order to my Estonia colleague request !!! This time it is "Snow Balls", which overall is a quiet sweet type of confect due to the combination of nougat, marzipan and white chocolate. If you would like less sweetness, I would suggest you to replace the coating with white chocolate with dark chocolate, however, when this confect does not look like a snow ball !!!
I used 50 g nougat, as I was able to "finish up" the last un-used nougat. the amount of nougat to marzipan should not be bigger, as it would quiet difficult to cover the nougat part entire with marzipan.
- 25-50 g nougat
- 200 g plain marzipan
- 150 g white chocolate
- 50-100 g desiccated coconut
- Cut the marzipan into 20 pieces of equal amount.
- Cut the nougat into 20 pieces of equal amount.
- Cover the nougat with marzipan.
- Melt the white chocolate using the microwave oven.
- Coat the marzipan balls in white chocolate.
- Afterwards cover the marzipan ball in desiccated coconut, while the white chocolate still is wet. Below you can see a video of how you can roll the marzipan balls in the desiccated coconut.
Here you can see, how to give the final touche to "Snow Balls"