I normally fill my different types of home-made jams into small glasses, as they serves as an excellent gifts to friends and some wonderful colleagues. I know from myself, how I like to receive a glass of home-made as an eatable gift. It gives a wonderful warming sensation to your heart, when you receive such a home-made gift, as you know some one has spend some of their time making this gift to you
- 1300 g (Danish) blackberries
- 650 g sugar
- 25 g gelling powder (citrus pectin, sugar and citric acid)
- 1 vanilla pod
- 6 cl cognac
- Put the blackberries into a cooking pot. Add the gelling powder and agitate.
- It is important NOT to add the sugar at this stage, as the gelling powder need the water from the fruit to hydrate sufficiently.
- Bring the fruit to the boiling point and let it boil for 2 minutes