I have found this recipe on juleorangeade on the blog "Himmelske kager", and it look very interesting, so I decide to try it out in connection with the Christmas lunch yesterday.
This Christmas Cocktail does not have any spice flavour at all, but the taste is excellent being a mix of Christmas spices with the freshness of orange juice. And my girl friends found it to be quiet a good cocktail having a perfect Christmas profile without being dominated of the Christmas spices.
Christmas Cocktail: - 4 cocktails
- 1 dl water
- 1 dl sugar
- 1 orange - organic (as you use everything of the fruit)
- 4 cloves
- 2 star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 dl orange juice
- 1 dl vodka
- ½ dl Cointreau
- Ice cubes
- Slice the orange into thin slices.
- Add water, sugar, orange slices and spices into a cooking pot.
- Heat the sugar liquid to the boiling point. Let is softly boil for 3-4minutes.
- Cool the down the sugar liquid in the refrigerator. In order to get the wonderful flavour of Christmas, I let the sugar liquid infuse for 12-24 hours
- Remove the spices from the sugar liquid.
- Use the orange slices for decoration of the cocktail glasses.
- Mix the sugar liquid, orange juice, vodka and Cointreau together.
- Serves in cocktail glass with plenty of ice cubes and orange slices.
- Cheers and merry Christmas :-)