And for a gathering of friends I decided to try a combination of white wine and apple juice in a ratio of 1:1, so it is more "friendly" for the people needing to drive a car afterwards.
In order not to a too sweet mulled wine, I decided not to add extra sugar and I also decided to use a dry white wine.
My guests found this mulled white wine to be quiet refreshing. Last year I also made mulled white wine using a combination of both elder flower cordial and apple juice, which you can find here.
4 December 2013: This blog has been submitted for the Blogging Challenge "Cooking with Herbs & Christmas spieces" December 2013
Mulled white wine: - 1 liter
- 50 cl dry white wine
- 50 cl apple juice
- 1 dried ginger
- 2 pieces of cinnamon
- 8 pieces of cloves
- ½ orange - sliced
- almonds and light raisin - optimal
- Place the spices in larger tea bags, so you have them under control.
- Heat up the apple juice together with spices to the boiling point.
- Place the apple juice cold for 12-24 hours.
- Add the white wine and slices of oranges to the apple juice.
- Heat up the mulled wine, do not let it boil.
- Serves in glass or cup, where people individual can add almond splits and raisin according to their preference.