December 21, 2011

Christmas Calendar Door 21 - Mulled white wine


I am not a big fan of red white, so therefore I have preference for mulled wine based on white wine as well.

And for a gathering of friends I decided to try a combination of white wine and apple juice in a ratio of 1:1, so it is more "friendly" for the people needing to drive a car afterwards.

In order not to a too sweet mulled wine, I decided not to add extra sugar and I also decided to use a dry white wine.

My guests found this mulled white wine to be quiet refreshing. Last year I also made mulled white wine using a combination of both elder flower cordial and apple juice, which you can find here.

4 December 2013: This blog has been submitted for the Blogging Challenge "Cooking with Herbs & Christmas spieces" December 2013 
Cooking with Herbs




Mulled white wine: - 1 liter
  • 50 cl dry white wine
  • 50 cl apple juice
  • 1 dried ginger
  • 2 pieces of cinnamon
  • 8 pieces of cloves
  • ½ orange - sliced
  • almonds and light raisin - optimal
  1. Place the spices in larger tea bags, so you have them under control.
  2. Heat up the apple juice together with spices to the boiling point. 
  3. Place the apple juice cold for 12-24 hours.
  4. Add the white wine and slices of oranges to the apple juice.
  5. Heat up the mulled wine, do not let it boil.
  6. Serves in glass or cup, where people individual can add almond splits and raisin according to their preference.

3 comments:

  1. Can I come to your house this Christmas please? So many LOVELY entries for our spicy cooking with herbs challenge for December! Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, you are more than welcome at my home any time you should be in Denmark. I really like to use all the many great spices of Christmas during this festive season. Kirsten

      Delete

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...