November 14, 2011

Zebra marzipan cake


I got "voted off" Friday evening from Strictly Ballroom 2011 !!!! as my "couple" Nicolai and Victoria "lost" the right to continue in the ongoing TV show "Strictly Ballroom".

So as "looser" I have to bake / create home-made cake for my colleagues, who are participating in our "Strictly Ballroom 2011 cake competition" at work.

I negotiated the "right" to get the couple Nicolai and Victoria, as I promised my colleagues to make home-made marzipan cake and NOT just buy these marzipan cakes.
My colleagues also "demanded" to have chocolate coating on the marzipan cake. As one of my colleagues is suffering from allergy against hazelnuts, the use of nougat in these marzipan cake was not an option.

As I had both plain marzipan as well as cocoa marzipan in my kitchen, I decided to create Zebra marzipan cake. White (plain) marzipan cake with dark chocolate coating and Dark (cocoa) marzipan cake with white chocolate coating and white icing.
The dark icing did not cooperate as it should, so all the marzipan cake all have white icing.
The original marzipan cake recipe I have from the magazine "Isabella". However, I have changed the ratio, as I using less marzipan, as the portion size from Odense Marcipan has been reduced from 500 g to 400 g !!!!!!, while the price level has been increased !!!!!!

Zebra marzipan cake:
  • 400 g marzipan (plain or cocoa)
  • 100 g icing sugar
  • 100 g almond flour
  • 1 egg white
  • 50 g chocolate mass (white or dark) - optional
  1. Heat the oven to 220'C (conventional oven).
  2. Slip the almond. And grained them into flour using a mill.
  3. Knead the marzipan, almond flour, icing sugar and egg white together.
  4. Divide the marzipan cake mass into 20 pieces of equal size.
  5. Form the marzipan cake mass into a longer sharp.
  6. Bake the marzipan cake mass at 220'C for 7-8 minutes.
  7. Cool down the marzipan cake.
  8. Melt the chocolate using the microwave oven.
  9. Coat the bottom of the marzipan cake with melted chocolate.
  10. Let the chocolate dry.
  11. Turn the marzipan up side down.
  12. Decorate the top of the marzipan cake with icing sugar.
  13. Let the icing sugar dry.
  14. Enjoy !!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...