It is amazing to experience, how long the blackberry season actual is ! In 2010 I receive the last Danish blackberries mid November, so perhaps we still have another 2 weeks of fresh blackberries in front of us.
As I already have been making brownie with blackberry, blackberry-orange jam and blackberry cognac here in 2011, as well as eating these blackberries on top of the muesli for my breakfast. So this time I decided to try making blackberry vinegar with rosemary.
- 140 g fresh blackberries
- 2 strings of rosemary
- 300 g plain wine vinegar
- Add boiling water to the glass for 4-5 minutes.
- Wash and dried the blackberries.
- Empty the glass for the water.
- Add the blackberries into the glass.
- Add the rosemary.
- Fill the glass up with plain vinegar.
- Place the glass in the window frame and let it infuse for approx. 1 month.
- Remove the blackberries after 1 month.
- Store the blackberry vinegar in a dark place.