October 18, 2011

Blackberry cognac a la Country Living


My good work colleague, which supplies me with excess fruit from his garden, gave me the "last" portion of freshly picked blackberry this year. I have already turned this season blackberry into brownie with blackberry and blackberry-orange jam, besides from the blackberries being eaten on top of my breakfast cereals in the morning.

First I was planning to use this last portion of blackberries in blackberry muffins, but instead of I found a small article in Country Living September 2011 issue about fruit liqueurs, which I decided to test.

Making this blackberry cognac also provided me with the opportunity of clearing my cellarette from a total of 15 small cognac bottles. I pick up these small alcohol bottles, when I am flying, as they are great to use in your kitchen experiments.














Blackberry cognac a la Country Living: 
  • 225 g fresh blackberries
  • 100 g sugar
  • 445 g cognac
  1.  Add boiling water to a glass bottle - leave for 4-5 minutes - empty the bottle.
  2. Fill the bottle with cleaned blackberries.
  3. Add sugar afterwards.
  4. Fill the bottle up with cognac.
  5. Close the bottle.
  6. Shake the bottle regular.
  7. Remove the raspberries after 3 months days.


2 comments:

  1. I thing it may good to eat that I saw recpies in ur blogs
    Kitchen Equipment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Venugopal,

    thank you for your comment.

    Many greeting Kiki

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...