My good work colleague, which supplies me with excess fruit from his garden, gave me the "last" portion of freshly picked blackberry this year. I have already turned this season blackberry into brownie with blackberry and blackberry-orange jam, besides from the blackberries being eaten on top of my breakfast cereals in the morning.
blackberry muffins, but instead of I found a small article in Country Living September 2011 issue about fruit liqueurs, which I decided to test.
Making this blackberry cognac also provided me with the opportunity of clearing my cellarette from a total of 15 small cognac bottles. I pick up these small alcohol bottles, when I am flying, as they are great to use in your kitchen experiments.
Blackberry cognac a la Country Living:
- 225 g fresh blackberries
- 100 g sugar
- 445 g cognac
- Add boiling water to a glass bottle - leave for 4-5 minutes - empty the bottle.
- Fill the bottle with cleaned blackberries.
- Add sugar afterwards.
- Fill the bottle up with cognac.
- Close the bottle.
- Shake the bottle regular.
- Remove the raspberries after 3 months days.