October 28, 2011

Classic baked apple


I have located this terra cotta apple baker in one of my kitchen cupboards. I believe my mother gave me this terra cotta apple baker around 10 years ago. And I have not used it for the seven years, so I placed it on the kitchen table and what would happen !!! It actual went into action this evening.

I found an apple and decided to make this classic baked apple following the recipe on the box. There is plenty of the filling, enough to fill two apples, so I will suggest, that you reduce the recipe with 50%. All in all it is a too sweet baked apple dessert for my taste buds. So I will be on the look-out for some other recipes on baked apple.

Also I imaging this baked apple would go perfect hand-in-hand with some vanilla ice cream :-)

UPDATE 27 October 2015:
This baked apple is forwarded for the monthly blogging event Tea Time Treats having the theme of Halloween and bonfire night. Tea Time Treast is managed by Karen from Lavender and Lovage and Jane from The Hedge Combers.




 Classic baked apple:
  • 1 apple
  • 60 ml brown sugar (1/4 cup)
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 2 tablespoon raisins
  • 2 tablespoons nuts - chopped
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 tablespoon orange juice
  1. Heat the oven to 200'C.
  2. Wash the apple. Cut the top of the apple. Remove the in-side of the apple without cutting through the actual apple.
  3. Place the apple in the terra cotta apple baker.
  4. Mix sugar, species, raisin and nut together.
  5. Fill the center of the apple with this mixture. Leave the rest of the mixture of top of the apple.
  6. Dot the top with butter.
  7. Add the orange juice in the apple baker.
  8. Seal the apple baker with the lid.
  9. Bake the apple at 200'C for 20 minutes.
  10. Enjoy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...