October 10, 2011

Marzipan confect with walnuts and vodka raspberries


I am participating in a virtual step event, where you have to walk 10.000 steps every single day. And if you walk 10.000 steps every day between 15 September and until 1 December you will actual be walking from Copenhagen to Berlin, which is 585 km.

Yesterday Sunday I passed Lübeck, which is well known for it's marzipan. Therefore I decided to celebrate this by making some marzipan confect with walnuts and vodka raspberries. The initial plan was to coating the marzipan in white chocolate, but the chocolate would not melt at all for me !!!!! so I ended up with a mix of milk chocolate and dark chocolate. However, the coating with chocolate was one big challenge for me.

The vodka raspberries comes from my creation of raspberry vodka. One month after making this vodka I removed the raspberries and decided to place them in the freezer, so I later on could use them in various marzipan confect.

I would suggest, that you use less of these vodka raspberries, as they are bringing a lot of moisture to the marzipan. This high moisture content also means, that the chocolate coating takes a long time to dry.


Marzipan confect with walnuts and vodka raspberries:
  • 400 g chocolate marzipan
  • 66 g walnuts - grinded
  • 86 g vodka raspberries
  • 200 g chocolate for coating
  1. Knead the vodka raspberries and grinded walnuts into the marzipan into a homogeneous mix
  2. Divide the marzipan into smaller pieces.
  3. Melt the chocolate (here I normally use the microwave oven).
  4. Coat the marzipan pieces with the chocolate.

  5. Let the chocolate coating dry, before the marzipan confect is placed in air tight container for storage,
  6. Eat and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...