July 21, 2011

Raspberry Vodka


A good work colleague of mine gave me a portion of freshly picked raspberries from his garden, which I right away decided to use making raspberry vodka based upon the recipe from "Almanak" by Claus Meyer.

It is very first recipe, which I am trying from "Almanak".

If I am able to get hold of some Danish raspberries, I will make some raspberry jam with lavender addition. My raspberry bush is getting to an end, so I can not count on a supply of raspberries to this coming kitchen project.

 Raspberry Vodka a la "Almanak":  - 1 bottle of 0.7 l
  • 200 g fresh raspberries
  • 2 tablespoons of sugar
  • 0.7 l vodka (plain)
  1.  Add boiling water to a glass bottle - leave for 4-5 minutes - empty the bottle.
  2. Fill the bottle with cleaned raspberries.
  3. Add sugar afterwards.
  4. Fill the bottle up with plai vodka.
  5. Close the bottle.
  6. Place in a dark place.
  7. Shake the bottle regular.
  8. Remove the raspberries after 30 days.
Do you have suggestion how to use raspberry vodka besides as a drink ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...