A good work colleague of mine gave me a portion of freshly picked raspberries from his garden, which I right away decided to use making raspberry vodka based upon the recipe from "Almanak" by Claus Meyer.
It is very first recipe, which I am trying from "Almanak".
If I am able to get hold of some Danish raspberries, I will make some raspberry jam with lavender addition. My raspberry bush is getting to an end, so I can not count on a supply of raspberries to this coming kitchen project.
- 200 g fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 0.7 l vodka (plain)
- Add boiling water to a glass bottle - leave for 4-5 minutes - empty the bottle.
- Fill the bottle with cleaned raspberries.
- Add sugar afterwards.
- Fill the bottle up with plai vodka.
- Close the bottle.
- Place in a dark place.
- Shake the bottle regular.
- Remove the raspberries after 30 days.