My raspberry bush is giving an amazing yield of raspberries this year. There is actual so many raspberries, that it gives me the opportunity to preserve/save them for enjoyment later on in 2011. So I have been thinking how to do this.
During my extended week-end to Samsø I found some small Ulla Fredsøe recipe cards with very appealing drawings combined with various recipes. One of these recipe cards had a recipe on raspberry vinegar, which I have decided to twist by adding dried elder flower.
Another thing I would like to try with my home-grown raspberries is to make raspberry vodka using a recipe from Almanak by Claus Meyer.
How would you "save" your home-grown raspberries ?
- 1 handful of fresh raspberries
- 250 ml white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of dried elder flower
- Add boiling water to the glass for 4-5 minutes.
- Wash and dried the raspberries.
- Empty the glass bottle for the water.
- Add the raspberries into the glass bottle.
- Add the dried elder flower.
- Fill the glass bottle up with white wine vinegar.
- Place the glass in the window frame and let it infuse for approx. 1 month.
- Remove the raspberries after 1 month.
- Store the raspberry vinegar in a dark place.