Flammkuchen is a regional speciality from Alsace, which I have been eating on various occasion. Flammkuchen is the Alsacian version of pizza, but without the tomato sauce and mozzarella.
However, I stumbled across this ready-to-use flammkuchen dough in Switzerland, so I took it back with me to Denmark to try it out making my version of flammkuchen. I have a recipe on flammkuchen dough in a guide book, so I will try to make my own version of flammkuchen from the very bottom to the very top.
Flammkuchen: serves 1 person
- ½ portion flammkuchen ready-to-use dough
- 125 ml full-fat sour cream
- ½ onion - sliced
- 100 g mushrooms - sliced
- Heat the oven to 225'C (conventional oven)
- Place the flammkuchen dough on baking paper.
- Spread the full-fat sour cream on top of the dough.
- Top the dough with thin slices of onion and mushrooms.
- Bake the flammkuchen at 225'C for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve the flammkuchen together with a glass of white wine from Alsace and imaging your are sitting in wonderful Alsace.