October 22, 2011

Flammkuchen - regional speciality from Alsace


Flammkuchen is a regional speciality from Alsace, which I have been eating on various occasion. Flammkuchen is the Alsacian version of pizza, but without the tomato sauce and mozzarella.

However, I stumbled across this ready-to-use flammkuchen dough in Switzerland, so I took it back with me to Denmark to try it out making my version of flammkuchen. I have a recipe on flammkuchen dough in a guide book, so I will try to make my own version of flammkuchen from the very bottom to the very top.





Flammkuchen: serves 1 person

  • ½ portion flammkuchen ready-to-use dough
  • 125 ml full-fat sour cream
  • ½ onion - sliced
  • 100 g mushrooms - sliced
  1. Heat the oven to 225'C (conventional oven)
  2. Place the flammkuchen dough on baking paper.
  3. Spread the full-fat sour cream on top of the dough.
  4. Top the dough with thin slices of onion and mushrooms.
  5. Bake the flammkuchen at 225'C for 12-15 minutes.
  6. Serve the flammkuchen together with a glass of white wine from Alsace and imaging your are sitting in wonderful Alsace. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...