A big thank you to all of you, who participated in my third cake election vote. It was you, who actual decided, which type of cake I should prepare for a picnic row yesterday :-) I really appreciate, that you took the time to and helped me with this important decision.
The result of this cake vote was:
Muffin with carrot: 5
Muffin with chocolate: 1
Brownie with berries: 11
So this time it was easy to transform your decision in a cake compared to last time, where is was a dead end on the votes and I had to take the decision making squash muffin.
So your return of investment (= voting without tasting), is that I am sharing the recipe with you :-)
The most tricky part about this cake is the baking part, getting the right texture. First I baked the cake for 25 minutes as stated in the cooking book. However, the cake was too soft - un-baked - below the baked surface. So I decided to bake it for another 10-15 minutes at 200'C after it had be resting in the kitchen for 45 minutes.
Brownie with blackberry: from "Klima Kogebogen by Susanne Engelstoft)
- 200 g oil
- 4 dl brown sugar
- 200 dark chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 120 g cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 g fresh blackberry
- Heat the oven to 200'C (conventional oven)
- Melt the chocolate in microwave oven.
- Stir oil and brown sugar into the melted chocolate. It is very liquid.
- Whip the eggs, one by one, into this mix using a electric whipper.
- Stir flour and baking powder into the cake mix.
- Gentle stir the blackberries into the cake dough.
- Add the cake dough into a round form of 27 cm.
- Bake the cake at 200'C for 35-45 minutes, until you have the desired texture. The cake should be baked, but stilling having softness.