Getting to an end of the plum season I decided to use the last plums from a picking session in some friends garden making two version of plum compote.
I have found this recipe on plum-tomato compote in a newspaper: http://smagokologi.dk/Opskrift_Blommer.asp, which is based on recipe by Kille Enna´s cooking book called SMAG (TASTE). Looking at the ingredients in the recipe, I found it so interesting, that I wanted to test this recipe.
The smell, while the compote was cooking in my kitchen, was just wonderful, fantastic, lovely :-)) The smell was so much better compared this plum compote.
Served this plum compote together with cheese or cold meat.
Plum-tomato compote: a la Kille Enna´s SMAG
- 300 g plums - without stone
- 225 g tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 200 g sugar
- 2 teaspoons of balsamico
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger - grated
- 1/4 vanilla pod - both pod and vanilla corn
- 1/4 chili - finely chopped
- Remove the stone of the plum, and cut them into smaller pieces.
- Cut the tomato into smaller pieces
- Add all the ingredients into a cooking pot.
- Heat it up and let it cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the pectin gelling powder and let it cook for 2 minutes.