September 21, 2011

Salad with tomato, mozzarella and strawberries


I believe you know the traditional starter in form of mozzarella, tomatoes, basil leafs, oil and balsamico ?

I have tried to make a little twist to this starter by adding some slice of strawberries as well. I used a ratio of ½ tomato slices and ½ strawberry slices, which I found to become too sweet. So next time I think I will use a ratio of 2 part of tomato slices to 1 part of strawberry slices.

Have you been giving your twist to some traditional dishes using fruit in savory form ? Or opposite using vegetable in fruit dishes ? I would love to hear about your kitchen´s twists :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...