Yes, I am continuing with some more plum recipes from my kitchen, so we all can do our best to use this wonderful fruit.
This time it is a dessert recipe, which you can store for later use in Autumn or Winter. And I am using smaller plums with a more firm texture.
- 750 plums - without stone
- 500 g red wine
- 250 g sugar
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 2 bay leafs
- 5 cloves
- 10 black pepper corn
- Add boiling water to the storage glass.
- Wash the plums and remove the stone. Cut the plum into 2 pieces.
- Cook up the red wine with sugar and all the different spices.
- Add the plums into the red wine, and let the plums cook for 5 minutes.
- Empty the glass for the hot water.
- Add the plums into the storage glass.
- Reduce the red wine syrup into half the amount.
- Fill the red wine syrup into the storage glass with the plums.
- Let the plums mature for minimum 2 weeks, before using them for dessert.
- Serve the plums together with whipped cream or ice cream.