I have found a small recipe collection in a local supermarket with various suggestion for home-made flavoured aquavit. As the apple season is booming at the time, I decided to try one of the recipes on apple flavoured aquavit.You can either use crab apple or ordinary apples. As I have no access to crab apples, I decided to use small apples instead of.
Actual I contacted a good friend in a neighbour city, who has a lot of apple trees, which she could provided me with these small apples. And I received this reply in form of a picture of a shoe in size 36.
I am starting to have a smaller collection of various fruit alcoholcs using the fruit of the actual on-going season. Previously this Summer I have making blackcurrant rum and raspberry vodka. So some friends and I have discussing the options of having a sensory evaluation of all these fruit alcohols. It could be a funny event in many different way, so I am not planning to be driving home afterwards !!!!
- 70 cl Brøndums Snaps Klar
- Small apples
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- Fill a 1 l glass with boiling water as a starting point
- Wash the apples.
- Empty the glass for boiling water.
- Fill half of the glass with the small apples.
- Add the cinnamon stick
- Fill up the glass with Brøndums Snaps Klar
- Let the Apple Aquavit stand for 2-3 months.
- Remove the apples and cinnamon. Let the aquavit pass through a coffee filter.
- Enjoy the Apple Aquavit together with dessert.