As I have mentioned previously I have found a small recipe collection in a local supermarket with various suggestion for home-made flavoured aquavit, where I last week made Apple Aquavit using small apples from sourced from the garden of friend in a neighbour city.
However, the recipe actual "requires" the use of crab apples !!! So after another round of "sourcing" at work I located a colleague, which is having crab apples in his garden. So yesterday morning, when I arrived at my desk at work, a bag of crab apples was waiting for me :-) Actual I still have some crab apples let in my kitchen, so if you have idea about how to use these apples, please feel free to drop me a comment.
It is amazing to see, how the cinnamon stick unfolds within the first two days.
And I really look forward to smell and taste the differendes between these two types of apple aquavit, one based on small apples and the other one on crab apples.
- Fill a 1 l glass with boiling water as a starting point
- Wash the crab apples.
- Empty the glass for boiling water.
- Fill half of the glass with crab apples.
- Add the cinnamon stick
- Fill up the glass with Brøndums Snaps Klar
- Let the Apple Aquavit stand for 2-3 months.
- Remove the apples and cinnamon. Let the aquavit pass through a coffee filter.
- Enjoy the Apple Aquavit together with dessert.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.