September 16, 2011

Crab Apple Aquavit



As I have mentioned previously I have found a small recipe collection in a local supermarket with various suggestion for home-made flavoured aquavit, where I last week made Apple Aquavit using small apples from sourced from the garden of friend in a neighbour city.

However, the recipe actual "requires" the use of crab apples !!! So after another round of "sourcing" at work I located a colleague, which is having crab apples in his garden. So yesterday morning, when I arrived at my desk at work, a bag of crab apples was waiting for me :-) Actual I still have some crab apples let in my kitchen, so if you have idea about how to use these apples, please feel free to drop me a comment.

It is amazing to see, how the cinnamon stick unfolds within the first two days.

And I really look forward to smell and taste the differendes between these two types of apple aquavit, one based on small apples and the other one on crab apples.


Apple Aquavit:

  • 70 cl Brøndums Snaps Klar
  • Crab apples - almost ½ liter fruit
  • 1 whole cinnamon stick
  1. Fill a 1 l glass with boiling water as a starting point
  2. Wash the crab apples.
  3. Empty the glass for boiling water.
  4. Fill half of the glass with crab apples.
  5. Add the cinnamon stick
  6. Fill up the glass with Brøndums Snaps Klar
  7. Let the Apple Aquavit stand for 2-3 months.
  8. Remove the apples and cinnamon. Let the aquavit pass through a coffee filter.
  9. Enjoy the Apple Aquavit together with dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...