This is the first version of plum compote, I have been making, using inspiration from Dansuker on plum compote http://www.dansukker.dk/dk/Tema/ÅRET_RUNDT/Sommer/Pluk_blommer.aspx.
I am "in love" with the flavour of star anise, it reminds me about Pernod and Christmas. So if you see me sniffing like a cat in the kitchen, it is because I smelling to the wonderful flavour of spices and herbs with a fantastic smell.
Served the plum compote together with cheese or cold meat.
- 24 plums - without stone
- 1 red pepper fruit
- 1 red onion
- 3 dl light sugar syrup
- 3 teaspoon lemon juice
- Remove the stone of the plum, and cut them into smaller pieces using a mini chopper.
- Cut the red pepper fruit and the red onion into small pieces using a mini chopper.
- Add all the ingredients into a cooking pot.
- Heat it up and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the pectin gelling powder and let it cook for 2 minutes.