November 08, 2011

Blackberry Vodka



I have been mentioning again and again the last 2-3 weeks, that NOW it was the "last" portion of fresh blackberries of 2011, which I was using in my little kitchen !!!! And when I received yet a "new" portion of freshly picked blackberries from my work colleague. And this is the situation again for this blog posting.

So during my evening walk (doing my best to "collect" the needed daily 10.000 steps for my virtual walk between Copenhagen and Berlin) I took the decision to make a twist to this recipe on raspberry vodka from "Almanak" by Claus Meyer, replacing the raspberries with blackberries.

In case, that I receive a "new last" portion of fresh blackberries, I will the decision in your hands, what I should use this portion of blackberries to. So use this opportunity and participate in the on-going vote, which is starting now.




Blackberry Vodka a la "Almanak":  - 1 bottle of 0.35 l
  • 100 g fresh blackberries
  • 1 tablespoons of sugar
  • 0.35 l vodka (plain)
  1.  Add boiling water to a glass bottle - leave for 4-5 minutes - empty the bottle.
  2. Fill the bottle with cleaned blackberries.
  3. Add sugar afterwards.
  4. Fill the bottle up with plain vodka.
  5. Close the bottle.
  6. Place in a dark place.
  7. Shake the bottle regular.
  8. Remove the blackberries after 30 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...