November 12, 2011

Spaghetti sauce with pepper fruit and sausages


This spaghetti sauce used to be one of my favourites, when I had to cook at home as a child. I learned the cooking of this specific spaghetti sauce on a girl scout camp many years ago. Meanwhile I lost the recipe, but I keep remembering, how easy it was to make this tasteful spaghetti sauce. Original the tomato part of the spaghetti sauce came from tomato ketchup (as I recall it) or tomato concentrate and vegetable stock.

However, on my go on re-creating this sauce again I decided to use mashed tomatoes and a little amount of tomato ketchup. It would have look better, if I had used green pepper fruit instead of the red pepper fruit, which was available for cooking today in my kitchen.

You are still welcome to participate in the going vote about, what I should a new "last" portion of blackberry, if I receive yet another "last" portion of blackberries from my work colleague. I would reallt like to hear your opinion.

Spaghetti sauce with pepper fruit and sausages: 4 servings

  • 3 tablespoon rasp seed oil
  • 400 g sausages
  • 2 pepper fruit
  • 2 shallots
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • 1 tablespoon of pasta spice
  • 500 g mashed tomatoes on glass
  • 2 dl water
  • 1 teaspoon balsamico
  • 4 tablespoons of ketchup
  • pepper
  • salt
  • 90 g spaghetti per person
  • Parmesan - grated - optional
  1. Chop the shallots and garlic
  2. Chop the sausages into smaller pieces
  3. Chop the pepper fruit into smaller pieces
  4. Heat the oil in a cooking pot
  5. Add the onion and garlic and fry it for 2 minutes
  6. Add the sausage pieces and let them fry as well for 2-3 minutes
  7. Add the pasta piece and stir well
  8. Add the pepper fruit and let them fry for 2 minutes.
  9. Add the mashed tomatoes and the water.
  10. Season with balsamico, ketchup, pepper and salt.
  11. Let the sauce cook for 10-15 minutes.
  12. Meanwhile cook the spaghetti
  13. Serves the spaghetti and sauce together, top with grated Parmesan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...