I have been on a short summer vacation at a good Danish friend living in Switzerland. And she kindly enough supplied me with a shopping list of much wanted Danish specialities. And if you, like I am, are curios, I will share this shopping list with you:
- 2 kg Lurpak butter - the salted fermented version, as it is apparently is impossible to buy salted fermented butter outside Denmark
- 2 glasses of marinated herring in curry marinate
- 1 smoked fresh cheese called "rygeost", which should be the one and only original Danish cheese
- 8 tins of mackerel in tomato sauce
- 1 processed cheese with scrimps
Are you also receiving shopping lists with "funny" food specialities from your friends ?
Very soon I will share my food experiences in Switzerland with you.