August 27, 2011

Raclette - traditional Swiss dish


While visiting the chocolate factory Cailler, we decided to continue to the small village Gruyere close by, where the two most popular dishes on the different menu cards contains cheese, which is cheese fondue and raclette.

At the time being I was not ready to cheese fondue, so we decided to try raclette, raclette is as well as Swiss cheese. The cheese is placed under a heating devise, to the cheese can melt.

You will when use a knife to remove the melted part of the cheese and transfer it to your plate. You are eating the melted cheese together with boiled potatoes, pickled onions and gherkins.

It was a good tasting traditional Swiss dish. And now I believe, I am ready to try cheese fondue next time I am in Switzerland !

1 comment:

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...