Rhubarb season again and with the help of a good working colleagues I was able again to test out a new recipe of rhubarb cordial, which time a recipe from Dansukker.
I could have made rhubarb cordial using either this recipe rhubarb cordial a la Camilla Plum or this recipe rhubarb cordial a la Årstiderne
This rhubarb cordial can be mixed together with either plain or sparkling water. You can also use it as flavour addition to white wine or sparkling wine as wonderful tasting aperitif.
Rhubarb cordial a la Dansukker:
- Cut the rhubarb into pieces of 2 cm.
- Remove the cooking pot and place it away from the stove, let it rest for 1 hour
- Remove the rhubarb pieces from the cordial part using a sieve.
- Mix rhubarb juice, lemon juice and sugar together.
- Cook the rhubarb cordial up to the boiling point.
- Store the rhubarb cordial in the refrigerator or freeze, as it no anti-microbial have been added.