After having enjoyed a barbecue meal on warm Summer evening, a great and easy dessert could be to bake the twist bread as a classic finishing touch. Last year I tried this version of twist bread with marzipan, which in my opinion is not being something special, so do not waste your money on buying marzipan for such twist bread. So stick to the classic recipe for this occasion.
Classic twist bread: - 3 twist breads
- 120 g milk - lukewarm
- 20 g butter - melted
- 5 g yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 200 g wheat flour
- Mix melted and lukewarm milk together
- Stir flour, yeast, salt and sugar together in the mixing bowl.
- Add in the liquid phase.
- Knead the dough together on the electrical mixer, I kneaded for 5 minutes on speed 2.
- Place the dough in the smaller, cover the bowl with a lid and let the dough rest for 2-3 hours as room temperature, until it is time for baking the twist bread.
- Divide the dough into 3 portions, and roll each piece into a long piece, which when is twisted around a sticks.
- Hold the stick with dough over bonfire glows or barbecue charcoals.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until the twist bread easily can be removed from the stick.
- Fill the hole in the twist bread with jam, speculoos, Nutella or chocolate.