Eventhough my good working colleague with a garden full of rhubarb and blackberry has retired, I still get a regular supply of these key ingredients finding it´s way from his garden to my kitchen. So a HUGE BIG thank you to this great ex-colleague :-)
This year I have decided to twist the basic recipe on Lønnestræde´s blackberry rum with liquorice root from liqueur with cherry and liquorice root. I was wondering, if I should have added into some lemon zest. It was not done, but when I have a new modification yet already for the 2015 version on Lønnestræde blackberry rum :-)
Blackberry rum: - 0.7 l rum
- 200 g blackberries
- 200 g sugar
- 2 liquorice roots
- 0.7 l rum (light)
- Add boiling water to a glass bottle - leave for 4-5 minutes - empty the bottle.
- Bank the liquorice roots with a rolling pin to open up these roots.
- Place blackberries, liquorice roots and sugar into the storage glass. Pour the rum into the glass as well.
- Fill the bottle up with rum (light).
- Close the bottle.
- Place in a dark place.
- Shake the bottle regular to dissolve the sugar, which is found at bottom.
- Be patient !!!!! The blackberry rum should be drinkable around Christmas time !!!!!
- Remove the blackberry, before drinking this rum.