February 27, 2017

"Gold ore" brunch for fellow rowers 2017


As a "thank you very much for your time" to my fellow rowers for rowing together with me during the season of 2016, so I yet again managed to cross the magic figure of 1500 km required for a "Gold Ore" (actual I rowed 1531 km in 2016), I invited the rowers, who have spend the most time together with me in the rowing boat, for lunch yesterday.

Actually if you estimate, that you row 6 km per hour - 1531 km equals 255 hours of rowing last season or 10 days and 15 hours spend in a rowing boat in rain, wind or sunshine.


The sweet finishing for the lunch was these Shrovetide buns with caramel sauce.

My fellow rowers brought me a bottle of gin (Old English Gin) and a bottle of sparkling wine with gold particles.

Now I am so ready for the new rowing season, which starts the last Saturday in March :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...