January 06, 2020

Champagne scones


In connection with celebrating the transition from 2019 to 2020 I had invited my good friends from Horsens around for New Year afternoon tea. For me the theme of New Year is something with champagne/sparkling wine and marzipan. I did no use champagne for these scones, as I do not want to use the "real stuff" as such a bottle cost too much. I prefer to drink the champagne. Instead of I used dry cava.

Making these scones with sparkling wine instead of the normal milk as liquid ingredients was an experiment of mine, which turned out pretty good. The taste was actually good. During the baking of these scones I could smell alcoholic flavour coming from the oven.

I used this recipe on these Easter eggs scones as starting point. Another time I think, I should have  used 450 g wheat flour instead of 400 g flour, as the scone dough was to messy to work with.

Champagne Scones: - 12 pieces
  • 400 g (cake) wheat flour
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1½ teaspoon baking powder
  • 50 g sugar
  • 75 g marzipan - medium grated
  • 100 g cold butter
  • 1 egg
  • 2 dl sparkling wine 
  1. Heat the oven (conventional) to 220'C.
  2. Mix the flour, salt, baking powder, marzipan and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
  3. Cut the cold butter into small pieces.
  4. Grind the butter pieces into the flour mix.
  5. Whip the egg together.
  6. Add in the whipped egg and sparkling wine.
  7. Mix wine-egg and flour-butter together without kneading it a dough.
  8. Place the dough on a pieces of baking paper.
  9. Flatten the dough into a height of 3 cm.
  10. Use a glass to cut out scone pieces or place the dough into heart shape silicone form.
  11. Bake the scone at 220'C for 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...