Do these muffins with rhubarb and white chocolate not look fantastic tasteful ? And the answer to this hypothetical question is YES !!!!
I have a good Estonian friend and work colleague, who is a keen follower of my blog and therefore know, that I have passion for using as well as eating rhubarb. She has in this connection shared this recipe from Estonia with me on these muffins with rhubarb and white chocolate, which she actually had to translate from Estonian into English, so I could bake these muffins as well. A BIG THANK YOU to my Estonian friend for doing this, even though you have a very busy life :-)
I baked these muffins in silicone form, I noticed, that the muffins are quiet moist, so next time I will bake these muffins in paper forms, so they are more easy to remove from the muffin forms.
Estonian muffin with rhubarb and white chocolate:
- 100 g butter
- 100 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100 g sour cream - 18% fat
- 150 g (cake) flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 200 g rhubarb
- 100 g white chocolate
- Heat the oven (conventional) to 200'C
- Clean the rhubarb stilks and cut them into small pieces.
- Melt the butter and cool it down afterwards.
- Add the sour cream and sugar to the cold melted butter.
- Whip everything together.
- Add the egg one by one, whip into a homogenous mass for each egg
- In another bowl mix the flour and baking powder together.
- Add the flour mix into the butter-sour cream-egg mix. Whip it again into a homogenous mass.
- Break the white chocolate pieces into smaller pieces.
- Stir the rhubarb and white chocolate pieces into the muffin mix.
- Fill the muffin form with muffin mix.
- Bake the muffin at 200'C for 25-30 minutes. Check, that the muffins are baked, before removing them from the oven.
- Cold down.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.