July 03, 2012

Rumtopf - red currants have moved in



This morning I arrived to work, where another of my colleagues had placed a portion of freshly picked red currants on my desk. My colleague was actually taken by surprice, that the red currants already were matured, anyway they have now moved into the rumtopf.


So remaining on my list of "fruit supplier" I have the following fruits:
  • raspberry
  • blackcurrant
  • blackberry
Perhaps you have some idea to other type of fruit, which should also play a role in the rumtopf only with Danish fruit inside ?


I cleaned the red currants follwed by weighing them, so I know the amount of sugar need as well. Afterwards I add them on top of the strawberries already in the rumtopf topping of with yet some more Strofrum. After gentle stirring the fruit content I placed the lid again on the Rumtopf, so I could keep the alcohol damps inside the Rumtopf.
    Red currants somewhere in the rum soup


Content in Rumtopf as of today:

  • Rhubarb + sugar
  • 580 g strawberries
  • 290 g sugar
  • 318 g red currants
  • 157 g sugar



3 comments:

  1. Maybe Gooseberries? Even though I am not sure they would suit a Rumtopf, seeing as they are quite acidic...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicki,

      thank you very much for suggestion on using gooseberries. I have discussing this idea with the actual owner of the Rumtopf, who also plays an important role in this summer challenge of mine, and she is apparantly having childhood trauma over gooseberries. So I have decided not to include gooseberries in the Rumtopf.
      However, I will make some home-made jam with gooseberries this summer, as I have located a gooseberry bush in the neighbourhood, where the owner almost never is at home !!!! so he will not miss these gooseberries.

      Delete
    2. Gooseberry trauma, how sad for her. But great that you found a little "stash" of them somewhere :)

      Delete

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...