July 18, 2012

Rumtopf - blackcurrants filling up

Blackcurrants before moving into the Rumtopf

So one week after the white redcurrants snicking into the Rumtopf, I passed again the garden of my good friends in Horsens, this time picking blackcurrants in their garden for the Rum "monster", as they would now been more riped/sweeter in taste.

These blackcurrants of my friends are not normal size blackcurrants, they are mega big in size, like a small grapes !!!! Apparently my friends are "only" feeding the blackcurrants bushes with home-made compost, but perhaps they are talking to the bushes as well ????

So after the addition of blackcurrants into the Rumtopf, I still have the following fruits remaining on my list of "fruit list":
  • cherries
  • blackberries
  • plums
As usual I cleaned the fruit followed by weighing them, so I know the amount of sugar need as well. Afterwards I add them on top of fruit already in the rum "soup" topping of with yet some more rum. 

    Content in Rumtopf as of today:

    Blackcurrants in the rum "soup"
    • Rhubarb + sugar
    • 580 g strawberries   
    • 290 g sugar
    • 318 g red currants
    • 157 g sugar
    • 160 g raspberries
    • 80 g sugar
    • 124 g white red currant
    • 62 g sugar
    • 475 g blackcurrants
    • 238 g sugar
    • Rum, rum and yet some more rum 

    No comments:

    Post a comment

    Your comment is my reward :-)
    You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...