|Birthday cake in form of Danish lagkage|
Happy birthday to my little blog !!!!
Today my blog is passing another little milestone in form of four years of activity. You have been able to follow all the activities on-going in my little kitchen sometimes with guest appearance of the local star Hannibal the Cat :-) You have also had the opportunity of virtual walking together with me on hiking tours and seeing the progress on my few knitting projects.
And for the last three weeks you have followed the progress in my kitchen project, where I am replacing my old old HTH kitchen. I will in the near future post plenty of photos from the new kitchen and kitchen floor.
apricot jam with lavender was awarded as one of the five best home-made Danish jams of 2014 :-) I am quiet proved of this achievement.
Again I have decided to celebrate this fourth blog birthday with a give-away competition :-)
Your contribution is to leave a comment regarding either what you really like about this blog and/or where you could see room for improvement/development. I will at the end of this month draw one lucky winners among your comments.
You can leave your comment in either Danish or English depending on your preferred language.
The price is the marzipan cooking book called "Kager, desserter & konfekt - Stjernestunder & Gæster" from Odense Marcipan. This cooking book is written in Danish.
The winner will be selected at random from all comments received full-filling the above mentioned requirement. The winners will be notified within 1 week after the closing date. The price is as stated, so no cash alternatives are available. This give-away is open to EU + Nordic countries entrants only.
The closing of this blog birthday give-away is Sunday 30 November 2014 at 20.00 (CTE time zone).
Review day: 13 November 2014 - 4 year birthday
Start day - first posting: 13 November 2010
Development on "Hjemmebagt": 73 recipes - 34 accomplished = 39 recipes to bake
Amount of cooking books in my kitchen: 58 books
Page views: 173.152
Publish posts: 941 incl. this
Blogs followed: 17
Top blog posts during these four years:
- Plums in port a la Dansukker
- TUC cake
- Dinner at"Mad hos Mads, Horsens
- Tea shopping at Kusmi in Paris
- Wheat buns (varme hveder) for the Great Prayer Day
- Help in kitchen - kitchen equipment 23
- Skovtursmuffin - picnic muffin
- Pomegranate marzipan cake
- Paleo (stone-age diet) chocolade cake
- Meeting some Danish food bloggers in REAL life
None of the blog postings published here in 2014 have made into this overall top-10 list.
So if I should have a description of you as blog reader of "Kitchen of Kiki" based on the overall top 10 list I would say that:
- you like me has a "sweet tooth" towards cakes and desserts (4 posts)
- you like to drink tea and you are a keen fan of Kusmi tea (like I am)
- you like to eat at restaurants (1 posts)
- and finally you like to meet new people with similar interest (1 post)
- and you like to get a helping in the kitchen (1 post)
- Blood orange jam
- Hindbærsnitter "raspberry cutting" a la Mette Blomsterberg
- Knitted plaid
- Knitted plaid after 4 weeks of knitting
- Tapas menu from Hotel Hedegaarden, Vejle
- Walnut cream cake a la Svinkløv Badehotel
- Cake lunch at Conditoriet La Glace
- Barbecue evening of 2014
- Knitted plaid after 1 week of knitting
- Twelfth night cake a la Country Living
- you have maintained your "sweet tooth" towards cakes (4 posts are cake recipes)
- you maintained your desire for dinning with friends and family at home (2 posts)
- you like home-made jam (1 post)
- and you are interested in knitting (3 posts)
- Canada: 1%
- Ukraine: 1%
- Norway: 1%
- Portugal: 1%
- Germany: 3%
- France: 4%
- UK: 4%
- Russia: 7%
- Other countries: 24%
- Denmark: 25%
- USA: 29%
May I suggest two new topics for your blog? One could be "Guest Kitchen" on food you prepare at others or guests you allow to cook in your kitchen. Another could be "Sparkels" mentioning different sparkling wines you come across. The latter could go nicely with "more good sparkling wine" as a New Years resolution - I have tried this myself and was very successful in following this for an entire year :-)ReplyDelete
these are two wonderful suggestions :-) Kirsten
Du har ofte skrevet om madopevelser på rejser rundt i det ganske land (og omegn), men du må efterhånden have indhentet materiale til et samlet skriv om Gin+Tonic i de Danske havnebyer; anmeldelser, udvalg, nødløsninger m.v.?ReplyDelete
Hej Lars !Delete
Tusind tak for din spændende kommentar :-) Jeg vil overveje, hvordan jeg kan arbejde videre med dit forslag om den fantastiske GTI.
Erbse is the lucky winner of thihs marzipan book - I hope you will enjoy it :-) KirstenReplyDelete