After my first attempt on baking brownie-style cake with yogurt, I decided to twist the recipe into being more of a cake than a brownie. Therefore the dark chocolate and orange was removed, and baking powder together with a small touch of salt were added instead of.
Now the cake tastes and looks like a chocolate cake. However it is still difficult to taste any yogurt. Anyway it is a good way of using up any yogurt leftovers from your refrigerator baking a cake instead of throwing the yogurt out.
Yogurt Chocolate Cake:
- 6 eggs
- 500 g sugar
- 150 g milk
- 150 g yogurt
- 250 g butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 400 g wheat flour
- 75 g cocoa powder - without sugar
- Heat up the fan oven to 180'C.
- First whip eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar into a foamy mass.
- Meanwhile heat up the milk and butter in a cooking water, until the butter is melted.
- Add in the yogurt into the sugar-egg mass, while whipping.
- Afterwards slowly add in the melted butter-milk liquid, while whipping. Keep whipping for another 2 minutes on speed 3.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa powder together. Add it into the cake mass, while whipping.
- Also add in the orange and chocolate pieces Stop the whipping, when the flour-cocoa is mixed in.
- Cover either one big baking tray ( 30 x 40 cm) or two smaller baking trays with baking paper.
- Pour in the cake dough into the baking trays.
- Bake the cake at 180'C for approx. 35 minutes.
- Cool down the cake, before you cut and serve it.