I found this recipe on carrot casserole in the weekly magazine Søndag (issue 35/2016), where I made a few modifications in form of less meat, more vegetables and addition of an apple in line with my September theme of apple.
My mother found the taste a little to the strong side, and perhaps that some the vegetable a little to the less cooked side., but do as you like. I like my vegetable still to have a bite to them.
Carrot cassarole with apple twist: - 4 servings
- 4 carrots - 2 roughly grated and 2 slices thinly
- 520 g chicken meat - roughly diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry
- 400 g coconut milk
- 150 g sugar peas - roughly divided
- 1 broccoli - divided into bouquets
- 1 apple - roughly diced
- salt & pepper for seasoning
- Fry the chicken pieces in hot oil in a bog cooking pot for approx 5 minutes.
- Removed the chicken pieces.
- Roast the curry in the cooking pot.
- Add in the grated carrots and coconut milk, bring it to the boil.
- Blend the coconut and carrots into a sauce, which afterwards is seasoned with salt & pepper.
- Add in the chicken pieces, carrots slices, sugar peas, apple diced and broccoli bouquets.
- Let everything cook gently for 5 minutes under lid.
- Serve together with rice.