Lets get started with the first creation for my Christmas Calendar 2019. Today I have made these oat flakes. As it very difficult to find quark/fromage frais nowadays in the Danish supermarkets, I am using skyr instead of. Both quark and skyr are fermented products with very low fat content and very high protein content like 10-12%.
After shaping the pellet I roll them in coconut flakes for decoration purpose.
As I am not a coffee drinker, I am uncertain how strong coffee is. So, I have used 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder for 1 tablespoon boiling water. Perhaps it is too strong ?
You can also make oat flakes with butter as an alternative to oat flakes with skyr/quark.
Oat flakes Pellets with skyr:
- 250 g oat flakes
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 200 g sugar
- 6 tablespoons strong coffee
- 1 tablespoon rum flavouring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavouring
- 75 g skyr
- Coconut flakes - optional
- Knead all the ingredients together.
- Form them into pellets.
- Roll the pellets in coconut flakes.
- Place them in air-tight container.
- As they contain fromage frais, they should be stored in the refrigerator.
- Eat them within 1 week after "production",