December 02, 2019

Christmas Calendar 2019 Day 2 - Oat flakes pellets with skyr


Lets get started with the first creation for my Christmas Calendar 2019. Today I have made these oat flakes. As it very difficult to find quark/fromage frais nowadays in the Danish supermarkets, I am using skyr instead of. Both quark and skyr are fermented products with very low fat content and very high protein content like 10-12%.

After shaping the pellet I roll them in coconut flakes for decoration purpose.

As I am not a coffee drinker, I am uncertain how strong coffee is. So, I have used 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder for 1 tablespoon boiling water. Perhaps it is too strong ?

You can also make oat flakes with butter as an alternative to oat flakes with skyr/quark.

Oat flakes Pellets with skyr:
  • 250 g oat flakes
  • 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 200 g sugar
  • 6 tablespoons strong coffee
  • 1 tablespoon rum flavouring
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla flavouring
  • 75 g skyr 
  • Coconut flakes - optional
  1. Knead all the ingredients together.
  2. Form them into pellets.
  3. Roll the pellets in coconut flakes.
  4. Place them in air-tight container.
  5. As they contain fromage frais, they should be stored in the refrigerator.
  6. Eat them within 1 week after "production",

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...