Optional you could coat the bottom of the marzipan cake with melted dark chocolate. However, I am relaxed / lazy person, so I did not do this.
Marzipan cakes with clementine and Cointreau - 40 pieces
- 500 g marzipan
- 225 icing sugar
- 1 egg white
- peel of 2 clementine
- 2 tablespoons of clementine juice
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau
- 40 hazelnuts
- Heat the oven (conventional) to 200'C
- Knead all the ingredients together with your hands.
- Use teaspoons for placing the marzipan mass on baking paper as small tops or use a pipping bag, if you have strong hands and arms. I never use silicone baking paper, when I am baking marzipan, as it quiet tricky to get the marzipan off after baking.
- Place a pomegranate kernel in each marzipan top.
- Bake in the middle of the oven at 200'C for 15-20 minutes.