I decided to use some of the left over pomegranate syrup, which I made for the pomegranate champagne drink, for making some marzipan cakes. Before using the pomegranate syrup I decided to reduced with 50%.
I also decided to use my new Tupperware pipping bag to form these marzipan cakes. I thought it would be like a "walk in the park", but I was so very wrong !!!! Pipping the marzipan cake mass requires plenty of arm muscle mass and strong hands, which I have neither of. So if the Tupperware Alice, who sold my this pipping bag had been in my kitchen, I would have thrown it back at her !!!!!
Combining the fresh taste of the pomegranate syrup with the sweet almond cake is a perfect taste combination, which you really to try yourself.
Pomegranate marzipan cakes - 40 pieces
- 500 g marzipan
- 225 icing sugar
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate syrup (concentrate)
- 40 pomegranate kernels
- Heat the oven to 200'C
- Knead all the ingredients together with your hands.
- Use teaspoons for placing the marzipan mass on baking paper as small tops or use a pipping bag, if you have strong hands and arms. I never use silicone baking paper, when I am baking marzipan, as it quiet tricky to get the marzipan off after baking.
- Place a pomegranate kernel in each marzipan top.
- Bake in the middle of the oven at 200'C for 10 minutes.