I found this recipe on carrot soup in the issue 03/2012 of the weekly magazine "Femina", and as I had most of the ingredients I decided to test the soup, even though that I so fare never has tasted a carrot soup, which I actual liked !!!! And luckily for me, I really like this version of carrot soup, so I will make it another time again.
Next time I will increase the amount of fresh ginger and perhaps add either cumin or chili.
As I had some pasternak I decided to replace the potatoes with pasternak, and I also decided to double the amount of whipping cream in order to empty my freezer from a last frozen portion of whipping cream. When ever I have some leftovers of whipping cream I pour it into small 1 dl beakers and placed it in the freezer for later use in soups.
Carrot-pasternak soup: - 2 servings
- 300 g carrots - sliced
- 200 g pasternak - sliced
- oil for frying
- 1 onion in squares
- 3 cloves of garlic - sliced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger - grated
- 8 dl of vegetable stock
- ½-1 dl of whipping cream
- juice of ½ lemon
- Saute the carrot and pasternak in oil in a cooking pot for 5-10 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger, and let it saute as well for 1-2 minutes
- Add the vegetable stock and let the soup boil under lid for 20 minutes.
- Blend the soup.
- Add the whipping cream and let the soup cook for another 5 minutes.
- Season with lemon juice, pepper and salt.
- Served the soup, topped with parsley, enjoy together with bread.