I am quit impressed myself with my decorations of these cupcakes, which I call Winter Cupcakes. You have a clear blue frosty winter heaven with big snow flocks, snow back ground with either small ice taps or evergreen pine trees :-)
I have also created the actual flavour combination on my very own having the need for lemon and ginger in mind for fighting the cold and flu surrounding you during the Winter season. The base cupcake recipe I have found in the magazine "Cupcake Heaven".
What to do in an airport, when you have 3 hours to spend waiting for the connection flight ? I like to spend some time in the book stores looking at foreign language magazines as well as book. In December I had a "day trip" to Poland flying out at 6.00 in the morning and returning at 23.30 in the evening at my local airport incl. several hours in both Warsaw and Copenhagen Airport. And what I find in Copenhagen Airport ? A magazine called "Cupcake Heaven" with 101 cupcakes recipes !!!!!
- 115 g butter - at room temperature
- 115 g sugar
- 115 g cake flour
- 2 eggs - lightly beaten
- peel of ½ organic lemon
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla sugar
- 1 tablespoon of grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Icing sugar
- Food colour
- 1-2 drops of lemon flavour
- Cake decoration
- Heat the oven to 180'C (conventional oven).
- Add the soft butter and sugar into a mixing bowl using a electric mixer.
- Add the vanilla sugar, lemon peel and juice, ginger and baking powder into the mixing bowl, beat everything together.
- Slowly add the egg, while you keep beating the cupcake mix.
- Use a sieve to sift the cake flour into the mixing bowl.
- Gently stir the flour into the cupcake mix.
- Fill 12 paper muffin form with the cupcake mix.
- Place the muffin form close together in order to lower the rising level of the cupcakes during baking.
- Bake at 180'C for 15-20 minutes.
- Leave the cupcakes to cool down.
- Meanwhile make the icing from icing sugar and various type of food colour and 1-2 drops of lemon flavour.
- Spread the icing on top of cold cupcake and apply various type of cake decoration within the winter theme.
- Enjoy and share with people around you !!!