I have found this specific recipe on pomegranate champagne drink in "Alt for damerne - week 51", when I was at the hair dresser just before New Year. And yes, I do know it is one whole year to late to use this pomegranate champagne drink for celebration of New Year. Perhaps you are having a hang-over here on the very first day of a whole new year, so alcohol is not on your agenda for today. If this is the case, you can always use the pomegranate syrup in sparkling water or plain water. Any rest of the pomegranate syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 week or frozen down in the freezer.
Any way sharing this drink recipe with you is a first small step in fulfilling one of my New Year´s resolutions on trying out and drinking more cocktails. So CHEERS and HAPPY NEW YEAR :-)
Pomegranate Champagne Drink:
- 2 pomegranates
- 1 dl sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- champagne or sparkling wine - dry version in order to control the overall sweetness
- Divide the pomegranate into 4 pieces. Remove the kernels. Do this over a cooking pot, so you do not waste the wonderful juice of pomegranate.
- Add lemon juice, water and sugar to the pomegranate kernels in the cooking pot.
- Let it boil for approx 10 minutes, while stirring regular.
- Pass the pomegranate syrup through a sieve and collect the syrup.
- Cool down the syrup.
- Fill 1 tablespoon of this pomegranate syrup into a champagne glass.
- Fill up the rest of the glass with champagne or sparkling wine.
- Cheers and Happy New Year