I am having another go at the blog event called "Tea Time Treats", which is a monthly baking challenge event managed by Karen from Lavender and Lovage and Kate from What Kate Baked. It is Karen from Lavender and Lovage, which is the host or perhaps I should prefer to "being mother" for the tea table for March month. The theme for March is SCONES either being sweet or savoury. You can read more here: http://www.lavenderandlovage.com/2012/03/the-new-tea-time-treats-challenge-for-march-scones-savoury-and-sweet.html
I decided to use a mix of corinths, orange peel and sucat instead of only corints, as I still had some orange peel and sucat leftovers from Christmas. The combination of cinnamon and ginger will really bring you back to Christmas or perhaps forward to the coming Christmas.
As the theme mentions SAVOURY SCONES as options as well, I have decided, that I will as well make a savoury version for this month´s tea table. And in this connection I need your help, so here you can vote and thereby select this flavour/taste combination I should. You can choose between three different options.
Spicy Scones with dried fruits: - 12 pieces
- 450 g cake flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 50 g sugar
- 125 g cold butter
- 1 egg
- 2 dl milk
- 2 tea spoon cinnamon
- 1 tea spoon ginger
- 50 g corinths
- 50 g orange peel
- 50 g sucat
- Heat the oven (conventional) to 250'C.
- Heat the milk together with cinnamon, ginger and the dried fruit.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the cold butter into small pieces.
- Grind the butter pieces into the flour mix.
- Add the milk and egg without kneading it a dough.
- Place the dough on a pieces of baking paper.
- Flatten the dough into a height of 3 cm.
- Use a glass to cut out scone pieces or place the dough into heart shape silicone form.
- Bake the scone at 250'C for 10-15 minutes.
LOVELY entry thanks Kiki and what a great combination of spices and dried fruit, I like it! Thanks for entering into tea time treats, with these scones and your other savoury ones too!ReplyDelete
thank you for arranging the funny event of a virtual tea table.