I saw a recipe on some marzipan cake containing Amarena Fabbri cherries in a weekly magazine. I decided not to follow this magazine recipe, but it worked as inspiration for me working from this recipe on marzipan orange cakes. However, I decided to reduce the sugar amount to get some marzipan cakes, which would be less sweet, as the Amarena Fabbri cherries also are bringing sweetness to these marzipan cakes.
Using cocoa marzipan for these marzipan cakes also give them a look of meat balls, as one of my colleagues said, when she saw them yesterday at work.
Marzipan with Amarena Fabbri cherries: 20-25 pieces
- 400 g (cocoa) marzipan
- 120 icing sugar
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoon Amarena Fabbri cherry juice
- 20-25 Amarena Fabbri cherries
- Heat the oven to 200'C
- Knead all the ingredients together with your hands.
- Cover one Amarena Fabbri cherry with the marzipan mass.
- Place the marzipan mass on baking paper as small tops. I never use silicone baking paper, when I am baking marzipan, as it quiet tricky to get the marzipan off after baking.
- Bake in the middle of the oven at 200'C for 15-20 minutes.