March 13, 2012

Lavendel brød (Lavender bread) from "Hjemmebagt"





"Hjemmebagt" - 73 recipes - 15 accomplished = 58 recipes to bake

I used the opportunity of progressing on my task of baking my way through the bread book called "Hjemmebagt", when I had some fellow rower over for "Silver Ore" lunch in the week-end.

As I had all the ingredients needed to this Lavender Bread available in my kitchen cupboards, I decided to bake this bread.  The bread is made from a mix of fine and whole grain spelt flour mixed together with honey (I used lavender honey - off cause) and lavender flowers. It was a wonderful flavour of lavender, not being a soapy at all, so the amount of lavender, 1 tea spoon for 500 g flour, is just perfect.

The tricky thing, when using raising baskets, is actually to use flour, so you can remove the bread after the raising without destroyed the shape of the bread. As you can see from the picture above, I should have used more flour for dusting for the raising basket.

As I always are having heat on the floor in the bath room including in-side the shower, I normally place the bread doughs here for the warm raising part. And as you can see from the picture below, the warm floor in the shower is one of favourite spots of Hannibal the Cat.




1 comment:

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...