So we got Easter started yesterday with a a cup of tea, so for today being Good Friday we should be ready to make some Easter egg !!!
Last year I made these Easter egg with nougat and liquorice, which I thought was lacking quiet a lot of liquorice taste (being a liquorice addicted Dane), so this I have increased the liquorice amount significantly and at the same time been using a combination of two liquorice powders (raw liquorice and English liquorice).
Easter Egg loaded with liquorice: - 15 pieces
- 300 g marzipan
- 200 g nougat
- 2½ teaspoon English liquorice powder
- ½ teaspoon raw liquorice powder
- 200 g dark chocolate
- English liquorice powder for dusting
- Soften the nougat by heating it up in the microwave oven.
- Stir the English liquorice powder and raw liquorice powder into the nougat.
- Divide the marzipan into 15 pieces.
- Turn the marzipan mass into a thin layer.
- Place the nougat mass in the middle. Cover the nougat mass totally in the marzipan mass. And turn the marzipan mass into egg shape.
- Melt the dark chocolate - I am using the microwave oven for this purpose.
- Coat the marzipan mass with dark chocolate.
- Dust the chocolate coating with English liquorice powder, lets them dry before you place the marzipan eggs in tin(s).